Pages

4 June 2015

Ok...........so I like pink

Good afternoon crafty friends, it's time once again to enter another challenge over at
Left Of Centre.  This weeks theme was "upcycle/recycle" or LOC. 
My card didn't quite turn out as Left Of Centre as I would have liked.............the pink in me just got a liiiiiiiittle bit carried away.
So as usual it's a square card, but this time it's a 7 x 7 which is a really nice size to work with.  The backing papers are no brand in particular, just what was in my stash.  I distressed the two lighter coloured ones with Tim Holtz black soot ink pad.
I fashioned a small bow with some spider web material I have.  It was originally white, but I coloured it with a black promarker...........does that count as "upcycling?"  Hmmmm debateable I guess ;-)  I also added some beads and a charm to a few black chain links.
The image itself is Cyber Sindi from The Goblyn Workshop and she was coloured up using my fabby Promarkers.  Colours used were black, cool greys 1 to 5, cerise, pink carnation and flex marker shocking pink and finally the skin tones were coral, sunkissed pink and dusky pink.
I did add a sentiment to this project in the end, just to show where it could possibly sit.  But it's held on temporarily, so can easily be removed for when the perfect occasion calls upon it.  A few sticky pearls and die cut spider web later.......then tah daah, it's done.  I just hope that it's Left Of Centre enough..................fingers crossed. xx


3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Debs! I absolutely love it and it definitely fits the LOC theme! I love the cute image, I discovered that etsy shop earlier this week, some excellent images there including this one you've used! And the pink is great with it! Thanks for joining in at Left of Center, I hope you'll play with us again soon - we've a new challenge every Friday and there's one starting just shortly. You can also find us on Facebook too! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much Mo, you're super kind. Can't wait to play again :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome Debs! She is creepy cute and love her wild hair! Another fabulous image and great coloring. Love how you used the webbing for the bow, clever!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Left of Center Creative Challenges. See you soon!~kim

    ReplyDelete